If you spend a lot of time on social media, you’ve probably heard about Google’s Arts & Culture app that all of a sudden became the most-downloaded app in the Apple App Store (it’s also available in the Google Play store).
The app curates art exhibitions near you (which is very cool), but the big talk is about its brilliant feature in which it attempts to match your face to one in a famous painting. The face-to-painting matching is only available in the U.S., and it’s free to use. Just download the app, scroll down until you see “Is your portrait in a museum?” and then tap “Get started.” Once you authorize Google to access your camera, you take a selfie and voila:
When I tried it, I took multiple photos and the image above kept showing up. It’s starting to give me a complex. I really hope I don’t look like this dude but either way I find the app fun and interesting to use. It’s not often that you find such an engaging way to learn about random portraits from around the world and find out where they call home.
FYI: I realize some people are worried about having their faces recognized on an app, but Google has ensured the public that it’s using user photos for this project only and then deleting them. I can’t verify that’s true, but I’m not worried.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.