I know many women who don’t feel comfortable taking a taxi or a rideshare service (Uber, Lyft) because they’ve read about or seen stories of other women that have been abducted by male drivers. I can’t blame them. Now there’s a new all-female taxi service in Paris called Women Drive, which is one of the first transport company driven by women for women-only passengers (here’s another). The drivers are called hostesses and are all multilingual. The cars provide bottles of water and computer tablets.
Women Drive has a fleet of Mercedes C-Class cars that are available seven days a week 24 hours a day. According to ThePointsGuy.com, “Rates for shorter rides are based on distance, while longer trips are billed at flat rates of either 50 euros (~$59) per hour, or 350 euros (~$416) for a full-day shopping and sightseeing extravaganza.”
The website is in both French or English. I priced out a trip from CDG to the Marriott Champs Elysee and it costs 59 Euros ($69). An uberX costs 45 Euros ($53) so you do pay extra, but I would think for some women it’s well worth it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.