I know a lot of travelers (including me) that like to get the best bang for their buck by adding extra destinations to their trips. That’s one of the benefits of using frequent flyer miles/points. Making a stop can break up a long trip, provide a chance to see family or friends, or let you explore a place you’ve never been or really love.
Finding a cheap stopover hasn’t always been easy, but Air Wander has changed that. Just input your city pairs and then select the dates and whether you want a stopover or not. If you do want to stop, you can choose how many days and watch the search engine do its thing.
I input LAX as my departure city, Rome as my destination and that I wanted to spend one night in a stopover city. An easy-to-read screen came up with dozens of choices from Paris for just $29 or New York City for $100. It even offered small cities like Syracuse (NY) for $146. Surprisingly, it also offered out-of-the-way destinations like Iguazu Falls in Argentina for $960.
You can price out one-way, round-trip or multi-city tickets or a world tour (RTW).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.