I know a lot of travelers (including me) that like to get the best bang for their buck by adding extra destinations to their trips. That’s one of the benefits of using frequent flyer miles/points. Making a stop can break up a long trip, provide a chance to see family or friends, or let you explore a place you’ve never been or really love.
Finding a cheap stopover hasn’t always been easy, but Air Wander has changed that. Just input your city pairs and then select the dates and whether you want a stopover or not. If you do want to stop, you can choose how many days and watch the search engine do its thing.
I input LAX as my departure city, Rome as my destination and that I wanted to spend one night in a stopover city. An easy-to-read screen came up with dozens of choices from Paris for just $29 or New York City for $100. It even offered small cities like Syracuse (NY) for $146. Surprisingly, it also offered out-of-the-way destinations like Iguazu Falls in Argentina for $960.
You can price out one-way, round-trip or multi-city tickets or a world tour (RTW).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.