I know a lot of travelers (including me) that like to get the best bang for their buck by adding extra destinations to their trips. That’s one of the benefits of using frequent flyer miles/points. Making a stop can break up a long trip, provide a chance to see family or friends, or let you explore a place you’ve never been or really love.
Finding a cheap stopover hasn’t always been easy, but Air Wander has changed that. Just input your city pairs and then select the dates and whether you want a stopover or not. If you do want to stop, you can choose how many days and watch the search engine do its thing.
I input LAX as my departure city, Rome as my destination and that I wanted to spend one night in a stopover city. An easy-to-read screen came up with dozens of choices from Paris for just $29 or New York City for $100. It even offered small cities like Syracuse (NY) for $146. Surprisingly, it also offered out-of-the-way destinations like Iguazu Falls in Argentina for $960.
You can price out one-way, round-trip or multi-city tickets or a world tour (RTW).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.