Launching a new program for travelers who wish to enjoy some extra time in Finland, Finnair recently announced that passengers flying to or from Helsinki will have the opportunity to arrange a stopover—from five hours to five days—to further enjoy the country.
The airline encourages customers to book their stopover through the new website, stopover.finnair.com, which also features a robust list of activity suggestions for how to make the most of a Helsinki stopover. The program will officially begin in May.
The announcement was made by Finnair’s Head of Travel Products on April 5 at a press conference at the airline’s headquarters in Helsinki. “A stopover is a great way experience two destinations in one flight,” he said. “We believe this program is an ideal match for travelers’ growing interest towards Finland.”
For customers who wish to plan a specific Finland activity in advance, there are plenty of choices. They will have the opportunity to select among a wide array of tours through the new StopOver Finland project, which is spearheaded by Visit Finland and operated in cooperation with Primera Holidays. For example, guests can simply enjoy museums, restaurants and shops in the country’s capital, or perhaps soak in the country’s natural beauty through a cruise though the city’s archipelago or visit a national park.
For customers flying Finnair out of the US, the stopover option is included in some fares without a fee. For certain destinations, though, there is a fee—ranging from $70-90 US—associated with the stopover, depending on the specific flights and length of time. In any case, when exploring online at stopover.finnair.com, your total fare plus additional stopover fees are available to view before you book.
For more information, visit stopover.finnair.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.