But … I’m not that eager, after reading about new COVID-19 variants that are reportedly much more contagious than the first strain of this virus. And some medical experts warn that this makes flying even more risky. While there have been a few studies indicating how safe airplanes are because of their HEPA air filtration systems, I’ve always had a hard time fully trusting that because these studies were funded by the airlines/travel industry.
There have also been a couple of damaging news stories the last few days, especially one out of Canada where they actually disclose how many people test positive for COVID-19 upon landing:
At least 72 international flights land in Canada with infected passengers since negative test requirement began Jan. 7.
The other story is about 49 travelers who tested positive at Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle airport on Sunday. Coming from different countries, they all went to Shanghai and were placed in solitary confinement. New tests, the results of which are expected, were carried out on Monday. (24 News)
Here’s her advice:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.