I was recently reading a story on NYPost.com called “How airport doctors get drugs out of smugglers’ stomachs.” It was fascinating, and it featured Dr. Stephanie Green, whose fascinating new book is titled “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport.”
Dr. Green was a doctor at Heathrow Airport in London, England, for ten years working in arrivals, and says she had to deal with the realities of drug smuggling on a weekly basis. In the book she reveals how the authorities often wait weeks on end for smugglers to pass the drugs they have swallowed, normally inside a condom. The book is described as “an exhilarating insight into the life of a doctor at Heathrow Airport, where the truth is often stranger than fiction.” Green details the ups, downs and upside-downs of her 24-hour shifts at Heathrow, where she was confronted by dramatic, bizarre and sometimes heart-breaking situations.
Grab it: Grab “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport” by Dr. Stephanie Green on Amazon for $14.13.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.