I was recently reading a story on NYPost.com called “How airport doctors get drugs out of smugglers’ stomachs.” It was fascinating, and it featured Dr. Stephanie Green, whose fascinating new book is titled “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport.”
Dr. Green was a doctor at Heathrow Airport in London, England, for ten years working in arrivals, and says she had to deal with the realities of drug smuggling on a weekly basis. In the book she reveals how the authorities often wait weeks on end for smugglers to pass the drugs they have swallowed, normally inside a condom. The book is described as “an exhilarating insight into the life of a doctor at Heathrow Airport, where the truth is often stranger than fiction.” Green details the ups, downs and upside-downs of her 24-hour shifts at Heathrow, where she was confronted by dramatic, bizarre and sometimes heart-breaking situations.
Grab it: Grab “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport” by Dr. Stephanie Green on Amazon for $14.13.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.