I was recently reading a story on NYPost.com called “How airport doctors get drugs out of smugglers’ stomachs.” It was fascinating, and it featured Dr. Stephanie Green, whose fascinating new book is titled “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport.”
Dr. Green was a doctor at Heathrow Airport in London, England, for ten years working in arrivals, and says she had to deal with the realities of drug smuggling on a weekly basis. In the book she reveals how the authorities often wait weeks on end for smugglers to pass the drugs they have swallowed, normally inside a condom. The book is described as “an exhilarating insight into the life of a doctor at Heathrow Airport, where the truth is often stranger than fiction.” Green details the ups, downs and upside-downs of her 24-hour shifts at Heathrow, where she was confronted by dramatic, bizarre and sometimes heart-breaking situations.
Grab it: Grab “Flight Risk: The Highs and Lows of Life as a Doctor at Heathrow Airport” by Dr. Stephanie Green on Amazon for $14.13.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.