Since I needed to do a load of laundry before my next trip (I travel with only carry-on), and having a hotel do it usually costs about the same as a room, I asked around for a laundry mat. My PR buddy Kerry Morrissey, whose company Ocean Properties manages the nearby Hotel Urbano, had their concierge find Coral Way Lavanderia (1313 Coral Way; Tel. 305-860-3210). The coin laundry, which also has a fluff and fold, was absolutely perfect as it’s open seven days a week (closes at 8pm on Sundays) and was just a seven-minute drive from the hotel. They’ve got a friendly staff that charges around 50 cents a pound. The bag I dropped off cost just $6 and it was done within three hours. Tip: It’s best to know some Spanish since they aren’t fluent in English.
More on my Miami trip:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.