Since I needed to do a load of laundry before my next trip (I travel with only carry-on), and having a hotel do it usually costs about the same as a room, I asked around for a laundry mat. My PR buddy Kerry Morrissey, whose company Ocean Properties manages the nearby Hotel Urbano, had their concierge find Coral Way Lavanderia (1313 Coral Way; Tel. 305-860-3210). The coin laundry, which also has a fluff and fold, was absolutely perfect as it’s open seven days a week (closes at 8pm on Sundays) and was just a seven-minute drive from the hotel. They’ve got a friendly staff that charges around 50 cents a pound. The bag I dropped off cost just $6 and it was done within three hours. Tip: It’s best to know some Spanish since they aren’t fluent in English.
More on my Miami trip:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.