Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day (with exceptions, like last Friday’s tip about what my friend Valerie wore to stay safe while flying). This week’s tip comes from reader Paul B., who shares an SFO update:
“We recently flew from, and returned to, San Francisco International on American Airlines. AA has recently moved to the sparkling new Terminal 1 — actually just a month ago. So this was our first experience at this location. On the positive side, the check-in counters are great and the process is very efficient, especially for premium flyers like ourselves.
“Upon check-in, however, we were warned that our gate was a long, long way down to the very end of the terminal. This proved to be true of course and inoperative electric sidewalks didn’t help with the trek. At best, great exercise but be warned in advance to either fly on AA out of nearby San Jose International or allow lots of extra time if using SFO is absolutely necessary.”
If you have to fly right now, or maybe just for the next time you fly out of or through SFO, this is great information to know. For more on SFO’s Terminal 1 (aka Harvey Milk Terminal 1), see this post. Thanks, Paul!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.