Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. Today’s tip comes from John B. in North Vancouver, B.C., who helped clarify a point in last Friday’s tip—about how to orient yourself if you’re ever lost in a new city—and then shared a cool online series that lets you tour ancient cities:
“A tip for you. As a traveller you might like this innovative idea. A series of articles released by the British Museum for a modern traveller visiting an ancient city. Very entertaining if you have an interest in history as well as travel. Here is a link.”
If you like history or travel or are simply looking for ways to pass time, the series is worth checking out. The guide to Rome in 1st century AD (linked above) is introduced as follows: “In this week’s historical city travel guide, we journey back 2,000 years with curator Francesca Bologna to visit the capital of the Roman Empire. From witnessing edge-of-your-seat chariot races, to relaxing in the baths and sampling the local delicacies, we explore what not to miss in the vibrant world of 1st century AD Rome.” Thanks, John!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,724!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.