Today’s tip comes out of a tweet shared by Richard Kerr of Award Travel 101:
A hotel brand telling its own guests to go to the front desk and ask for the ridiculous resort fees to be waived. SMH pic.twitter.com/rjiUNaPP03
— Richard Kerr (@AwrdTravel101) September 26, 2018
In addition to Richard’s take, there’s a tip worth acknowledging here, which is that—according to Kimpton, a popular hotel brand—the front desk agreeing to waive your resort fee is “always a possibility.” Apparently, all you need to do is ask. It’s well-known that resort fees and the like can get outrageously expensive. It probably won’t work often with major hotels but it’s worth a try.
If this or something similar has ever worked for you, please share you story in the comments below.
Related: How to Avoid Hotel Cancellation Fees
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,293!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.