If you use an iPhone and travel a lot or if you’re often picking up loved ones at the airport, then you will love this genius iPhone hack to track flights.
In the past, if I wanted to get information on a flight, I would search the airline and flight number on Google, use the airline’s app or go to the airline’s website and sign up for their flight alerts. FYI: You can also use TripIt. Forward your itinerary or that of the person you’re picking up to [email protected] to get up-to-date information.
However, thanks to the new iOS update, all users have to do is input their airline and flight number into a text message. For example, to send updates about American Airlines flight 118 between Los Angeles and New York, simply text the person picking you up with the airline and flight number either using the airlines two-letter abbreviation or writing it our in full. I input this flight a variety of ways AA118, AA 118, American Airlines 118 and they will all work.
Once you see the flight underlined, that means it worked and when you tap on it, you will be asked to see preview flight (see screenshot). Users will have all the information they need like departure, arrival, time left in flight, baggage claim number as well as a good-looking map.
Note: Not all airlines and/or flights work. For example, AA flight 2 between LAX and JFK doesn’t show up for some reason. Also, the two letter code for JetBlue (B6) doesn’t work but typing JetBlue and the flight number does. Some international airlines like British Airways work, too.
So if you want quick flight information and you have an iPhone, then this convenient trick will save you some time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.