This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
American Express cardmembers have another way to save money on travel bookings and receive exclusive perks and discounts. The credit card issuer has a brand-new partnership with GetYourGuide to help cardholders save on travel experiences worldwide.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Limited-Time 10% Discount
To kick off the new relationship, American Express credit card cardholders can enjoy a 10% discount on all bookings made through GetYourGuide by December 31, 2022.
The savings automatically apply at checkout when you book through gyg.me/amex. Alternatively, cardholders can access the booking site via American Express Travel.
Unfortunately, this discount is non-stackable. It doesn’t combine with other credit card travel offers.
Exclusive American Express Travel Perks
U.S. Amex cardholders can receive exclusive discounts and upgrades not available to the general public.
Some of the recent offers include:
- 15% discount on a luxury Catamaran sunset cruise in San Francisco Bay
- Private sunset tour of Grand Canyon West
- 15% discount on a one-day tour in Napa and Sonoma Valley
- VIP tour of New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Private tours of tv and movie locations (Gossip Girl, Friends, Good Will Hunting)
Many experiences are available in New York and San Francisco. You can also find deals in some of the best national parks.
Note that these experience discounts are available through October 1, 2023. So, you have a little over a year to maximize this benefit.
Find Things To Do
In addition to the exclusive American Express savings, you can find activities in over 16,000 cities across the United States and around the world. The “Certified by GetYourGuide” badge on select activities can provide additional peace of mind in avoiding travel booking scams.
It’s possible to cancel planned events up to 24 hours before the start time.
Additional Amex Travel Perks
Booking trips through American Express Travel can help you save money in other ways too. For example, The Platinum Card® from American Express now offers a $200 hotel credit on qualifying prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with a minimum 2-night stay.
There are additional savings opportunities at participating properties for free nights and discounts.
In conclusion, these American Express GetYourGuide promotions are an easy way to save money if you like to book experiences ahead of time. The best opportunities are in New York and San Francisco. But, the 10% discount applies to any booking you make in 2022.
- Don’t Cancel That Road Trip! Here Are 9 Ways to Save Money on Gas
- The 4 Best Credit Cards for Millennials in 2022 (With Popular Perks)
- Ink Business Cash Card Review: $750 Bonus, 5% Cashback, $0 Annual Fee
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.