Smack in the middle of everything two girls in a Manhattan mood could ever want, Hyatt’s 48 Lex is just the place to kickback between shopping. Like a perfect espresso, 48 Lex is energetic chic served in a stylish cup.
Check-in is just a taste of the cool to come. There’s no check-in counter or line to stand, no forms or index cards. Instead, we’re greeted by a sharply-dressed 48 Lex host toting a lap-top with all our 411– including our dinner reservation– ready for me to verify and we’re swiftly on our way to the room. Is this what they mean by a “New York minute”?
Our room has super-high floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lexington Avenue, and a soothing, contemporary palette of browns, grays, whites and dark wood punctuated by unexpected bursts of ruby. It’s sleek on the eyes, put-your-feet-up comfy at the same time. Each of these 116 newly-completed rooms is conveniently-equipped with a snappy kitchenette with microwave and dishwasher, and a fully stocked minibar with healthy drinks and snacks, like Voss and coconut water. After a packed day side walking miles of Manhattan with my daughter, we flip a coin on who gets to use the crisply-appointed oversized bathroom with (ahhh!) a rainfall shower first.
Our plan for tonight is to stay “home,” and relax and recount our hyper-paced day over dinner downstairs at Lexington Brass, that is, 48 Lex’s hip American Brasserie. We relax over Chef Franklin Becker’s delicious twists on familiar concoctions like roasted sea bass, truffle fries, sautéed mushrooms and delicious tuna tartar tacos.
Apart from the design and fantastic food, the real draw here is the sophisticated but relaxed vibe. Before tucking ourselves in for the night, we stop by the second-floor Lexicon lounge, an exclusive “living room” just for hotel guests, who read, eat or just hang out on its comfy sofas and arm chairs, sipping cappuccinos in the morning and cocktails at night– living a mini-vacation at the end of a busy day. ~ Elina Fuhrman
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.