Back in August, we wrote about the new Enrollment on Arrival offered to Global Entry applicants awaiting an interview (which as many will know can be a long wait). As noted in that post, via Chris McGinnis, it works like this: “The program is designed for individuals who have been conditionally approved for Global Entry pending a personal interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. Instead of scheduling an interview, the traveler arriving at an Enrollment on Arrival airport can now finish the interview requirement during a CBP primary inspection.”
Back in August, the option was available at just five airports—but as of December 20, the list includes 19 airports (17 in the U.S. and two in Canada):
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Denver International Airport (DIA)
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Here’s more on how it works from The Points Guy (who wrote about this when 16 airports were involved) and here’s the official CBP Enrollment on Arrival page.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.