Video retail app YEAY has released a new analysis of tattoos around the world and the rise of tattoo tourism. Yes, that’s right, tattoos and tourism!
The Global Tattoo Trend Index came about when YEAY noticed an increase in purchases of tattoo gift certificates. The result is an unexpected set of data from which the tattoo-inclined—and the rest—can learn a little about the world. You never know if you’ll be traveling through a destination where the popularity of tattoos could be an interesting bit of information. Or perhaps you’ll make a travel decision based on the cheapest and most easily accessible tattoo artists!
The chart below looks at the percentages of tattoos purchased by tourists and as gifts, as well as a breakdown of where the tattoos that were gifts came from.
By the looks of it, tourists buy a great deal of tattoos in #3 Miami and #7 Las Vegas in the U.S. More charts and information on the tattoo and related travel can be found here.
Other fun facts from the Tattoo Trend Index:
- The city with the most parlors per capita was Miami Beach, USA with 28.48 per 100,000 citizens.
- The city with the cheapest tattoo parlors was Colombo, Sri Lanka at an average cost of $22 per hour.
- The city with the most expensive tattoos was San Francisco at an average cost of $280 per hour.
- Denpasar, Indonesia was the city where tattoos were most likely to be purchased by visitors at 99% likelihood.
- Tahiti, French Polynesia and Auckland, New Zealand were found to be the cities where tattoos are most likely to be gifted at 60%.
- Gifted tattoos are most likely to be given by parents in Delhi, India (60%), other family in Milan, Italy (50%), from friends in Reykjavik, Iceland (90%) and from a partner in Madrid, Spain and Córdoba, Argentina (99%).
What do you think? Will you be a part of tattoo tourism?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.