If you’re planning on being in the Los Angeles area and into movies, I highly recommend doing a VIP Studio Tour for a behind-the-scenes look at how and where the movie magic takes place. My favorite is Universal Studios VIP Experience (here are my 10 reasons to go on it) but it’s not cheap $299.
I also recommend the Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour, which I just went on the other day with my dad and a group from Yahoo Travel. It normally costs $54 and there’s 12 to a group (if you want a private tour just buy out the remaining seats).
It was cool to experience their studios behind-the-scenes, as well.
We toured the back lot and got a look at the props from some of popular television shows and films. Did you know prop is short for property?
We saw Batman‘s original costumes, props and artwork in the Warner Bros. Museum.
We then explored the Batcave Car Vault, which has vehicles from multiple movies. They’re fully functional but you aren’t allowed to sit or even touch them.
The highlight for most in our group was taking a seat on the Friends couch in Central Perk. What’s interesting is that the pilot of Friends was originally called Six of One. I think they made the right choice changing the name, don’t you?
My biggest takeaway from the tour was that many movie props go on auction on rlspear.com around every six weeks. I was told that you can find some really good deals like a $14,000 couch for $380. The only bad part is you won’t know what movie or show the prop came from since they don’t disclose that info out of a fear of pissing off directors. But I bet it sure would be fun trying to figure it out!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.