In some films, the location and the set become as integral to the story line as the main characters themselves. There are many movies where people know of a particular scene, even though they haven’t seen the film, because it’s become such an iconic part of pop culture. Take An Affair to Remember for example. Most people know the significance of the Empire State Building in that film, even though the movie dates all the way back to 1957. Fast forward to 1993 and that whole storyline was recreated in Sleepless in Seattle. And in even more recent history, the television show The Mindy Project has resurrected this fairy tale-inspired, romantic notion of love found at the top of one of America’s most iconic and well-loved structures.
Well, it’s about to happen again. The epic action and adventure film Godzilla (Warner Bros. Pictures, 2014) is poised to hit theatres on May 16 and the iconic structure that sets the stage for one of the film’s most memorable scenes is the well-known Rainbow Tower at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
If you’re a film and travel buff, now’s as good a time as any to consider Waikiki for your next vacation. To celebrate the launch of the film and the hotel’s role within it, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort has created an exclusive package that will allow guests to experience one of the film’s locations firsthand.
The package includes:
-A luxurious oceanfront or ocean view room in the Rainbow Tower
-A Rainbow Tower Torte dessert at Tropics Bar & Grill (one per stay)
-Two Godzilla brushed cotton distressed baseball caps
-50 percent off the Movie Sites Tour at Kualoa Ranch (unlimited number in party)
-A chance to win fabulous prizes with the Godzilla Scratch and Win Game
To book the Godzilla Package, call toll-free at 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667), or log on to www.hawaiianvillage.hilton.com. The Godzilla Package can be booked from now until June 30, 2014 for stays through December 19, 2014. There is a five-night minimum stay, and the rates are based on space availability.
There’s lots of excitement around the launch of the film so there are also a number of other Godzilla-themed promotions, including a chance to win a five-night stay at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, round-trip airfare to Hawaii, ground transportation for two and $500 spending money.
DID YOU KNOW? This isn’t the first time Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort has made an appearance in a hit Hollywood film. In the classic Elvis Presley movie Blue Hawaii, the hotel served as the backdrop to many scenes. In fact, more than 100 movies have been shot at Hilton Hotels & Resorts in six countries for more than six decades.
NOTE: This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.