I was in Fort Lauderdale to speak at the Seatrade Conference which was taking place at the Broward County Convention Center. The organizers put me up at the B Ocean Hotel so I made reservations at my favorite south Florida Italian restaurant, Cafe Martorano, just 4.4 miles. But because Spring Break was in full force it took 33 minutes along A1A.
But the traffic was worth it for the amazing Italian food that Steve Martorano whips up. The restaurant is in a strip mall near the intercostal so the décor is nothing special except they play old gangster movies (The Godfather and Goodfellas were on while I was there) on a slew of TVs. But the food is phenomenal and expensive.
I went with my dad, sister and a couple of friends. My dad said his meatballs were the best he’s ever had and that’s saying something.
Don’t forget to ask the waiter if you can get a pic with Steve since they will take you through the kitchen to where the big man is cooking. He’s a nice guy and I liked the fact that instead of shaking our hands, he just fist bumped us.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.