This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Some of the best travel credit card offers are free annual night certificates might be the only reason you own a hotel credit card. In many cases, the value of the free hotel night exceeds the annual fee. Several hotels have recently changed the free night policies, but these hotel credits cards are still worth owning just for the free hotel night.
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
The IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card lets you redeem your annual reward night certificate at any IHG property that costs 40,000 points or less. In the U.S., that means you won’t be able to stay at many of the high-end InterContinental properties, but you can still find some gems in the Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza brands by staying at properties in major metro areas.
Redeeming your award night certificate overseas can help you stay at high-end brands like the InterContinental Madrid or InterContinental Bangkok. Besides the hotel night certificate, you’ll also enjoy a 4th reward night on 4+ night reward stays plus automatic Platinum Elite status and Global Entry fee credit.
New cardholders can also earn 140,000 points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. Cardholders earn up to 25x points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel. Additionally, you will earn 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants and 1 point per $1 on everything else. The annual fee is $89.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is the brand-new Marriott Rewards credit card that has replaced the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus. This updated card gets you an annual free night certificate after each account anniversary. This certificate is valid at any hotel that costs 35,000 points or less.
This benefit easily pays the $95 annual fee.
Additional benefits include:
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 6x points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2x points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Silver Elite status annually on the account anniversary
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
World of Hyatt Credit Card
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card offers one of the most generous free annual night certificates and valuable World of Hyatt points. Here are the free night opportunities:
Also, each card anniversary year, you’ll receive a free hotel night certificate for any category 1-4 hotel or resort that costs 15,000 points or less. Some of the possible destinations include:
- Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
Additionally, you will also earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt. This breaks down to 4 points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 points per $1 earned as a World of Hyatt member. Additionally, you’ll earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting, and on fitness club and gym memberships.
New cardholders can earn up to 60,000 bonus points! Earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 2 bonus points per $1 spent on purchases that earn 1 bonus point, up to $15,000, in the first 6 months of account opening.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Wyndham Rewards Visa Card
The Wyndham Rewards Visa Card offers a unique take on their hotel rewards nights. Reward nights go from 7,500 – 30,000 points per bedroom at over 30,000 hotels, homes, and condos globally. There are two cards available – one with an annual fee and one without.
When you choose Wyndham Rewards card with a $75 annual fee, you’ll have the opportunity to get 30,000 points as a sign-up bonus. That is equal to up to four free nights!
Wyndham also gives you 6,000 points every card anniversary. Although still 6,000 points short of getting a free hotel night, you can pay with points and cash to get a free night.
To make up the difference, you can earn Wyndham points for:
- 5 points per $1 on eligible Wyndham purchases made at participating properties
- 2 points per $1 for gas, grocery, and utility purchases (excluding Walmart and Target)
- 1 point per $1 on all remaining eligible purchases
As an automatic Wyndham Rewards Platinum member, you can also earn 10 points per $1 or 1,000 points (whichever is more) on each eligible Wyndham stay. With this benefit alone, paying for six separate Wyndham stays and the 6,000 point anniversary bonus gives you enough points to book a free hotel night each year.
Although Wyndham might not be your first hotel preference, some of the quality hotels you can stay at include:
- Landal Sonnenburg, Leiwen, Germany
- Nobu Hotel at Caesar’s Place, Las Vegas
- Wyndham Grand Phuket Kalim Bay, Phuket, Thailand
Summary: Hotel Credit Cards With Free Annual Night Certificates
Most of the free hotel night certificates are awarded as an anniversary bonus. Others might require you to spend a certain amount each year before you receive the bonus. If you have a hotel credit card in your wallet with a free annual night certificate, you have one of the most valuable hotel travel benefits around.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.