If you’re a frequent traveler like me and, from time to time, get upgraded to First or Business Class, here’s a nice way to give back to the brave men and women defending our country any time you fly but especially on Veterans Day.
How? Find out if there are any uniformed soldiers in the gate area; you can look around the gate area for men and women in uniform, ask the airline representative at the desk or simply wait to ask once you’re on the plane. If there are, ask the agent if you can swap your First Class seat with the soldier without him or her knowing.
Better yet, if you have extra upgrade certificates or miles, use one to upgrade the soldier—then you can both sit in First Class. I’ve done this several times (here’s my story on it) and it’s hugely rewarding. Remember: Without these brave men and women protecting our beautiful country, we wouldn’t be able to live the lives we lead. We are forever indebted to them. Thank you to all members of our military and to our veterans.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.