There’s no doubt travel in the United States is rebounding big time. Just this week, including today, TSA checkpoints have set pandemic records. For example, on Friday May 7, 2021, TSA screened 1,703,267 people at security checkpoints. It is the first time since the pandemic began that passenger volume has topped 1.7 million in a single day and the highest checkpoint throughput since March 12, 2020.
With this many people traveling, TSA not hiring new screeners and social distancing, lines are long. In Seattle (SEA) for example, the lines are backed all the way into the parking garage. In an effort to alleviate this, the Port of Seattle is testing a reservation system called SEA Spot Saver for those who do not have TSA PreCheck or CLEAR.
- Select the airline you’re flying with to start!
- Fill out your name, number of people in your party, and other information to save your spot.
- Once you’re at the airport, do whatever you need or want to do in the meantime. Check your bags, grab some coffee, spend more time with loved ones, or all of the above!
- We’ll notify you when to go into your assigned checkpoint, just look for the SEA Spot Saver logo or name on our interactive map for step-by-step directions and go through screening.
Good to know
SEA Spot Saver is available daily starting May 4 from 4 a.m. to noon at Checkpoint 5 and Checkpoint 2. The pilot program will run until August 31.
You can book 24 hours in advance of your scheduled flight through Checkpoint 5 with Alaska Airlines flights, time slots limited and may book up fast, but appointments are available from 240 to 60 minutes before departure.
For a better understanding, watch this four-minute video below, especially good for visual learners.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.