Last week, I had to let my editor go after seven years because I’ve been steadily losing money since March. I’ve never asked for donations before and it’s not easy to do but times are truly tough. COVID-19 has crushed the travel industry, my wife and I (and most of our colleagues) have lost all of our sponsors and clients.
Multiple friends and colleagues, including Leo Laporte, have recommended that I add a donation button to my website since there are a lot of people who haven’t lost their income and find my information valuable. So, if you’ve ever saved some money or time from my travel advice or have the means and desire to support a small business, please consider donating either monthly or one time.
Subscribers can either Venmo or PayPal (if you use the latter please pay as a friend so I don’t get charged their fees) using my email (Johnny@JohnnyJet.com) or mail a check to Johnny Jet, Inc (JohnnyJet.com, 425 15th Street #3213, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266).
I understand that times are tough for so many people and my heart goes out to everyone who is struggling. Please know that I appreciate any support you can give (even encouraging friends and family members to sign up to this newsletter is a huge help) and hopefully, when this nightmare pandemic is over, there will be a surge in travel and things will start to look up for everyone.
Thanks for considering and for all the support you’ve shown me over the years.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.