Now that my wife and I have a child, I regularly come across new travel situations/problems that I’d never considered before I was a parent. One of them, of course, is how to find a sitter when you travel. My wife and I aren’t yet at the point where we would trust a stranger with our child. Heck, we don’t even let our family members watch Jack without one of us hovering over them. But I know there will come a day when we will—and I know many parents who right now are eager to find a sitter when they travel.
Well, those parents should check out College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors. It’s a website and an app (Android and iOS) that came highly recommended from one of our regular #TravelSkills Twitter chat participants (I’m a co-host). Christi Olson (@ChristiJOlson) says she tends to use College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors when she travels: “They are in almost every city I travel to. When they don’t have a local office I ask hotel concierge for their recommendations. It hasn’t failed yet.” Great advice. According to the College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors website, the group is “the nation’s most respected, complete and professional resource helping busy families raise smart, confident, well-adjusted kids.”
It’s been in business since 2001 and available in 31 states—and on the go, too. From the site: “Whether you need a nanny or sitter at home or while you are traveling, there is simply no better place to turn. Not just child care. Positive role models. Nurturing, fun, responsible sitters that build stronger families.” When my wife and I are ready to have someone watch our beloved son, we’ll be sure to check out College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors out.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.