Ask.Vet isn’t really a travel website; it’s a service, and a brilliant one at that. If you have a pet—no matter if you’re home or on a trip with your pet—it’s “your virtual urgent care.” For $99 a year, you get real veterinarian advice 24/7, saving you time and potentially thousands of dollars in unnecessary vet and emergency visits. According to their site, just 20% of concerns had to be resolved by seeing a vet in person.
Sample questions and concerns include:
- If your dog has diarrhea. How long can you wait to see if it resolves on its own?
- The new flea and tick medication has left your cat shaking. Is it serious?
- The chocolate you left on the counter was eaten by your dog. Is an emergency visit necessary?
- Your dog received vaccines several hours ago and now she’s laying in one spot and doesn’t want to move. Will this pass?
- Your cat walks away from his food bowl after only eating half of his food. Is this cause for concern?
The $99 Virtual Vet membership includes:
- Unlimited text sessions with a vet.
- A support community of exclusive groups (e.g., breeds, interests)
- Ongoing vet supervision for chronic illness (e.g., diabetes, arthritis, etc), and wellness management (e.g., puppyhood, nutrition, behavior, weight, exercise, parasite eradication)
- Six phone calls with a veterinarian
- Pet recall alerts, educational videos, & webinars with vets
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Text VET to 67076
- Step 2: Tell them your concern
- Step 3: Get connected with a veterinarian for answers, via text, within minutes
I haven’t used the service, but if I had a pet I think I would. Have you used Ask.Vet? What has your experience been like?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.