Without a doubt, Global Entry has been the best thing to happen to international travelers since, I don’t know … sliced bread?
“Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports.” All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and in-person interview before enrollment.
It only costs $100 and is valid for five years, allowing members to skip the long customs lines when returning from an international trip. It also gives members access to TSA PreCheck, allowing travelers to use the quicker, and usually much shorter, security lines when they first arrive at a U.S. airport. The icing on the cake? Select credit cards will also pay your application fee.
I’ve been a member of Global Entry since it came out and it used to be the best-kept secret. But the word is out and combine that with COVID-19 and it’s not easy to get an appointment after you’ve been pre-approved for your interview. In fact, in some locations it can take many months to find a time slot.
Well, thanks to a new service called Appointment Scanner, you can cut months off your Global Entry interview wait time and it only costs $15.
With Appointment Scanner, you get instant text message and email alerts that allow you to grab last-minute interview appointments. Here’s how it works:
1. Apply for Global Entry & get conditionally approved
You can apply for Global Entry on the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) website. They’re not affiliated with the DHS or the Global Entry program, so this part of the process is on you!
2. Sign up for Appointment Scanner
Choose from over 100 enrollment centers, set a date limit, and customize your notification preferences to your liking.
3. Their software scans 24/7 for new appointments to open up
The average user gets 8-20 appointment alerts per day, meaning you’ll have a convenient appointment within no time.
Note: The Appointment Scanner cannot book interview appointments for you, or access any of your Global Entry account information. This service only monitors for open interview appointments that pop up due to last-minute cancellations. When they find an appointment that fits your requirements, you’ll receive a text message or email (or both – your choice). This alert has a link to the Global Entry scheduler website, where you can login and claim the appointment.
You can cancel the alerts anytime and they have a 100% money-back guarantee. “But, if for some reason, we can’t send you at least 10 appointment alerts, we will happily refund your purchase.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.