Service scans your inbox (that’s right: you have to grant them access to your email). It claims this is so it can “automatically find past flight disruptions and to know what flights you’re taking in the future. And with AutoProtect turned on, [it files] claims whenever you’re disrupted, you don’t even have to open the app!” Keep in mind that the delays can’t be caused by weather or Air Traffic Control (ATC)-related disruptions.
With most airlines, it take 2-4 weeks for a claim to be reviewed and resolved. However, with some airlines it could take longer. What’s nice is that you don’t need to keep following up, as Service does all the legwork. Service also doesn’t look for flights that are delayed under 90 minutes because airlines rarely provide compensation for such delays and most payouts are for delays of two hours or more. Service also requires your credit card info, but it won’t charge you unless it gets you compensation (it takes 30% of your cut).
Good to know: When you first add a credit card, Service does a $1 authorization to verify the card is good. Additionally, when you file a claim, Service authorizes your card again. These are not charges—only authorizations—and will fall off before you get your statement.
It’s a good deal but I prefer the app AirHelp since it doesn’t require access to your email and only charges 25% of your fee.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.