Pretty much everywhere it’s advised or required that you wear a mask/face covering when going out in public (including on most U.S. airlines starting this week). I know it’s a little uncomfortable and awkward at first, but you get used to it. It’s just the new normal. It’s like when I first started wearing a grind guard for my teeth at night. It took me days to get used to it but now it’s weird for me to sleep without it.
My one big beef with wearing a mask is that it fogs up my sunglasses, making it difficult to see during the day. (Fortunately, I don’t wear eye glasses except when reading so that hasn’t been an issue like it has been for others.) But there’s good news! Two British emergency room doctors—Dr. Sheraz Shafi Malik and Dr. Shahbaz Shafi Malik—have shared a way to keep your glasses from fogging up while wearing a face mask. As told by the medical journal Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England:
“Immediately before wearing a face mask, wash the spectacles [glasses] with soapy water and shake off the excess. Then, let the spectacles air dry or gently dry off the lenses with a soft tissue before putting them back on. Now the spectacle lenses should not mist up when the face mask is worn.”
If this trick can keep glasses from fogging up in the emergency room, it can certainly work walking around town or in a grocery store.
Have your glasses been fogging up while wearing a face mask?
Give this a try and let me know how it works for you in the comments below!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.