Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s reader tip comes from John E., who offers a great tip for anyone staying in a hotel or guesthouse:
“Travel tip: Never leave another phone charger, computer charger or tablet charger behind in your hotel room again! It’s quite simple. When was the last time you left your hotel room without putting on your shoes? It’s as simple as moving your shoes right below the wall plug where your device is plugged in. In the morning when you go to get dressed you will see your charger next to your shoes and pack it away before you leave the room.”
A great tip! When it comes to my charger, what I do is wrap the cord around my carry-on handle so I don’t forget it. And of course, this reminds me of one of my most popular tips ever: Put a Shoe in the Safe! Thanks for sharing, John!
More help so you don’t forget your charger and other things
- How Your Car Keys Can Help You Stop Forgetting Stuff in the Hotel Safe
- The Backup Reading Glasses You’ll Never Forget to Pack
- How to Stop Forgetting to Water Your Plants Before and After a Trip
- The Umbrella That Predicts the Weather and Is Hard to Lose
- The Trackable Wallet That’s Difficult to Lose
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,754!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.