My family and I had our first takeout in two and a half months, which is by far the longest I’ve ever gone without ordering in, including when I was growing up. We’ve had takeout twice now this week after starting to feel more comfortable with it and understanding that the chances of catching Covid19 from food are very slim. The most important thing is washing your hands after handling the bag, box or containers your food comes in.
The first place we went to was my favorite pizza place in L.A. – Slice and Pint in El Segundo. I’m happy to report that they did a great job with physical distancing. They have moved the cash register near the front door so everyone stays outside except the person paying. They have hand sanitizer in hand, everyone is required to wear a mask and you can use Apple Pay so you don’t have to touch a credit card machine.
The negative, besides their pizza not being as good as it has been in the past (it’s still good just not great), is that you still need to touch the screen to submit your tip, which is ridiculous since it’s takeout. But I used my “finger condom”, which I featured in my 2020 Father’s Day Travel Gift Guide. It’s a simple finger protector to use for things like credit card machines and elevator buttons.
Speaking of Slice and Pint, their pizza box is hilarious and teaches customers how to reheat pizza properly. I never knew this – but I tried it and it works!
According to their box: The only time you should microwave pizza is during a zombie apocalypse and even then, you should probably just eat it cold.
Alright, now that you’ve kicked your microwave to the curb, you’re ready for the reheating-pizza-at-home master class. Let’s go!
- Place non-stick skillet with a lid on a stovetop on low-medium heat.
- Once warm, add pizza and replace lid.
- Cook for approx. 2 minutes or until cheese bubbles and crust is crispy.
- If pan smokes, or crust begins to burn before cheese bubbles, lower heat slightly.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.