Swimply is an online marketplace for pool-sharing—yes, pool-sharing—that connects people looking for a place to swim with the owners of private pools. Non-pool owners get affordable access to an otherwise inaccessible luxury, and pool owners get to generate income or money for maintenance costs with an underutilized pool (while helping out the community at the same time). From my position, it seems like a win-win for everyone.
Here’s how it works:
- Pool owners simply lists their pools, customizes their accounts and decide when exactly it’s available for rent
- Non-pool owners read about pools in their area, read previous reviews, and book through Swimply!
Right now, there are listings in 13 U.S. states plus two in Australia. Prices vary, but after a quick search it looks like the going rate is about $50/hour. However, I’ve seen pools for $30/hour and others for $200/hour, and prices can vary depending on whether it’s a weekday or weekend.
I wish that Swimply had been around when I was growing up, because we didn’t have a pool and there was nothing I loved more than swimming in one on a hot summer day. However, now that I’m a parent, I can’t blame my mom for being adamant about not having one. In fact, I wouldn’t want to have one until Jack is old enough to swim on his own, and even then it’s just too much responsibility and too costly. Swimply, then, is a great option. They don’t have a pool in my town so for now I will just have to pool-hop.
Have you used Swimply? Would you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.