Last year, Costco offered $50 off Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines flights if you purchased a $500 gift card for $449.99. You have to be a Costco member to purchase it. RELATED: Taylor Swift’s Clever Tip for Keeping the Seat Next to You Empty on Southwest Airlines
Well, even better news! Costco brought back the same deal but for Southwest Airlines, while supplies last. So if you’re looking for a great gift for loved ones, or if you fly Southwest Airlines often, it’s an easy way to save 10% on flights. Here are the details:
First and foremost, there’s no expiration date and there’s a limit of five (5) per member. A maximum of three (3) gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation (If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three gift cards, you can pay the additional amount). The gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed so protect it like cash. For balance check, call 1-866-393-2081
Here’s How to Redeem:
- A Southwest Gift Card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, on the Southwest Airlines Mobile Apps and Mobile Website (only for initial flight booking), by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), or at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations
- Print the page with the Gift card number and security code (PIN) and bring to any Southwest Airlines® ticket counter, or by calling Reservations at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA
- For online redemption, after you have selected your flights and input Passenger information, use the Gift Card as a form of payment
- Click on ‘Apply Travel Funds’ under the ‘Do you want to apply travel funds?’ section
- Input Gift Card number and security code (PIN) in the designated location and click the button ‘Apply Funds’, this will deduct the amount on the Gift Card from the total
- If a balance is left you will need to use another form of payment to pay the remaining balance
Purchase here on Costco.com.
- How to Save Money With a Secret Third Carry-On
- How to Use Your Wireless Headphones to Watch In-Flight Movies
- 10 Airport Security Hacks Every Traveler Should Know
- How to Get the Best Coach Seat on the Plane
- The Sleep Hack Every Traveler Needs to Know
- Never Get Your Valuables Stolen on the Beach
Love to save money when you travel? Sign up to Johnny Jet’s free newsletter and check out these popular posts: 10 ways to find cheap flights and 12 ways to save money on baggage fees. Follow Johnny Jet on MSN, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for all of my travel posts.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.