Last year, Costco offered $50 off Alaska Airlines flights if you purchased a $500 gift card for $449.99. I wrote about it in detail here including that it’s still available and that you have to be a Costco member to purchase it.
Well, even better news! Costco just announced the same deal but for Southwest Airlines, while supplies last. So if you’re looking for a great gift for loved ones, or if you fly Southwest Airlines often, it’s an easy way to save 10% on flights. Here are the details:
First and foremost, there’s no expiration date and there’s a limit of five (5) per member. A maximum of three (3) gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation (If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three gift cards, you can pay the additional amount). The gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed so protect it like cash. For balance check, call 1-866-393-2081
Here’s How to Redeem:
- A Southwest Gift Card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, on the Southwest Airlines Mobile Apps and Mobile Website (only for initial flight booking), by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), or at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations
- Print the page with the Gift card number and security code (PIN) and bring to any Southwest Airlines® ticket counter, or by calling Reservations at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA
- For online redemption, after you have selected your flights and input Passenger information, use the Gift Card as a form of payment
- Click on ‘Apply Travel Funds’ under the ‘Do you want to apply travel funds?’ section
- Input Gift Card number and security code (PIN) in the designated location and click the button ‘Apply Funds’, this will deduct the amount on the Gift Card from the total
- If a balance is left you will need to use another form of payment to pay the remaining balance
Purchase here on Costco.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.