If you check your bags when you fly, you should consider this device just sent to me to try out. LugLoc is smaller than a saucer. Pop it into your checked bag and you can track it with their free Android or iOS app. It works two different ways: one with Bluetooth and the other with GSM. You use the Bluetooth mode to see if your luggage was loaded onto the plane and for seeing if it’s coming out on the carousel the airline says it’s going to. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had luggage come out on different carousels than what I was told.
Using Bluetooth mode isn’t like tracking people with your phone. When you use it on LugLoc, it doesn’t give you pinpoint details, but if the luggage is close by, you will see bars illustrating just how close by it is. It’s best for checking to see if your luggage is on the plane just before the flight attendants shut the doors. The chip inside the device is a patented Triaxial Accelerometer and it’s TSA, FAA and FCC compliant; it automatically detects when to “go to sleep” prior to takeoff and when to wake upon landing.
The other way to track your bag with LugLoc is with GSM mode. If your bag doesn’t make it on the plane, when you arrive at your destination, you use the app to trace it. It won’t tell you exactly where your luggage is, but you’ll know right away if it’s the same city or not—i.e., whether it arrived with you.
FYI: LugLoc comes with one month of complimentary tracking service, and then you have to buy the service plans: one month is $4.99, six months is $19.99 and one year goes for $29.99 (it will tell you what airport your luggage is in). The battery is rechargeable and lasts 15 days. You charge it with a USB cable and it takes a while to fully recharge. Dimensions are 4″ x 2.75″ and it weighs 3.5 ounces.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.