Hurricane Florence is a category 4 storm with sustained winds of 140mph.
We’re thinking of everyone in her path and hope this resource page helps you either get out or stay up to date on the latest news to make your travels smoother.
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES
Air Canada | Alaska | American Airlines | Delta | Frontier | JetBlue | Southwest | Spirit | United | WestJet | Every airline website and phone umber
*United note: United will waive the first, second, excess, overweight, and oversized baggage, and in-cabin pet fees for travel to/from select cities from September 10-16, 2018. Customers who already paid a fee during this time will receive a refund
–Hurricane Florence: Latest Airport closures and Operational impact
TOP FLORENCE STORIES (UPDATED: September 13 at 3:30pm ET)
- CNN: Hurricane live updates
- NBC: Hurricane Florence could bring 24 hours of hurricane conditions to Carolinas
- NPR: ‘Disaster Is At The Doorstep,’ N.C. Governor Says As Hurricane Florence Zeroes In
- NYT: Hurricane updates
- USA TODAY: Hurricane Florence path shifts: Storm to stall, deliver ‘Mike Tyson punch’ to Carolina coast
- WASHINGTON POST: Hurricane Florence charges toward Carolinas with ‘potential for unbelievable damage’
GOOD TO KNOW
- Call 311 not 911 for downed trees and flooding. 911 should only be dialed for true emergencies.
- What to Do: Weather Delays and Flight Cancellations
- Flight delay information – air traffic control system command center
- Flight trackers
- Google’s crisis map
- Every hotel website and phone #
- Every car rental website and phone #
- Every cruise line website and phone #
- CDC: Mold cleanup and remediation
- How a coin and a cup of water could keep you from getting sick
GOOD TO KNOW FOR NEXT STORM
Buy travel insurance as soon as you purchase your trip because once a storm is formed you can’t buy it. I use Allianz Travel Insurance. Full disclosure: I work as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receive financial compensation.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.