With the holiday season upon us, even airports are getting into the spirit. In fact, writes Harriet Baskas of Stuck at the Airport, travelers can go ice skating at temporary ice rinks at three world airports, including two in the U.S., this winter. From Harriet’s story, you should look out for airport ice rinks at:
1. Denver International Airport (DEN)
Dates: November 22, 2019, through January 20, 2020
Hours: 9am to 9pm
Where: “in the pre-security area on the DEN Plaza, which is between the airport terminal and the Westin hotel”
Extra: “As a bonus, on Friday afternoons there will be hot chocolate, hot cider and a variety of extra winter activities, including live entertainment”
2. John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)
Dates: November 30, 2019, through February of 2020
Hours: 4pm to 9pm (Monday-Thursday); 4pm to 10pm (Friday); 10am to 10pm (Saturday-Sunday)
Where: “at the TWA Hotel across from JetBlue Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) as well. The custom 56-by-44-foot Runway Rink will be created near the hotel’s 1958 Lockheed Constellation Connie airplane-turned-cocktail lounge”
Cost: “While skating shows are planned, time on the ice at the TWA Hotel’s Runway Rink won’t be free. Admission will be $15 for adults and $10 for kids under 12. Skate rentals will $10 ($8 for kids under 12).”
Extra: “The TWA Hotel will also be selling retro knit hats and scarves as well as beers, Sno-Caps candy and other snacks”
3. Munich Airport (MUC)
Dates: November 15 through December 29, 2019 (closed on December 11)
Hours: 11am to 9pm
Where: MAC Forum (“the large roofed open space between Terminals 1 and 2 and Munich Airport”)
Cost: “Skates can be rented for a small fee”
Extra: 2019 Christmas and Winter Market, “a winter wonderland, with a winter market, more than 45 Christmas trees, live music, activities for kids and adults, a pine forest and a free ice-skating rink”
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.