Denver to Keystone
The trip from Denver to Keystone is 90 miles and we hitched a ride with our friend Mia who does PR for Liftopia.com. The drive on I-70 is scenic and there were never any parts of the drive with big drops so it’s not scary in the least. Since we were drinking tons of water we needed to make a pit stop 30 miles into the drive. We randomly got off of the next exit and were about to pull into a 76 Gas Station when I spotted a service station named “Kum & Go” across the street. I said that name alone will make for a good story so we had to stop there. We did and as we were taking pics of the sign a local walked by us and said it’s really not that funny. Then another local chimed in and said “yes it is.”
FYI: If you don’t rent a car you can take Colorado Mountain Express (CME) from the Airport to Keystone for $64 per person and their vans have free Wi-Fi.
It turns out that we got off of at the best exit – not only because of the funny gas station name but also because we were in the town of Idaho Springs which looked just like the Old West. It turns out it was founded in 1859 by prospectors during the early days of the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush. While walking down the street snapping pics I heard someone yell my name. It just so happened this was one of the spots TBEX was using for their Road Rally/scavenger hunt (a great way to get to see the area and get to know colleagues) but we didn’t participate since it was an all day event. About 50 of the conference attendees were inside Tommyknocker’s Brewery which is famous for their craft beer and root beer.
Good To Know: They sell bottles of soda for $1.99 each but you can get four for $4.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.