One of my favorite things about traveling is walking or hiking around a new area. It’s the best way to get to know a destination IMHO. My dad always taught me to stop and smell the flowers, so that’s what I try to do.
But: I don’t always know what flowers I’m smelling, and I often end up wondering what flower or plant I’m looking at. Instead of doing a reverse Google image search (where you upload a photo instead of typing a search term) every time, I downloaded a free app called Garden Answers. The Garden Answers app is highly rated (both Android and iOS versions) and can instantly identify over 20,000 plants. It’s now the #1 downloaded gardening app in the App Store.
Just download the app and register with your email or Facebook account. From there, it’s easy: snap a picture, tap submit and voila! You’ll instantly get the accurate identity of the plant and detailed information about it from garden and horticulture experts. And if you’re a gardener (which I’m not) concerned about a plant disease or insect infestation, you can use the keyword search feature. It contains answers to over 200,000 commonly asked plant questions.
There are other plant apps available out there, no doubt. One that caught my eye was Plantsnap, which was advertised in my Instagram feed. But I didn’t download it since it was $3.99 and this one is free. Did I make a mistake? Is there a plant app that you prefer? Share in the comments below!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.