Thanks to technology, you don’t have to worry much about not being able to communicate anymore. That wasn’t the case just a few years ago. I used to have to carry around a little picture book so I could point to whatever I needed—everything from certain foods to a hospital.
These days instead of carrying a book, I load up my phone with translation apps. The 500-pound gorilla is Google Translate (that’s all you really need) but if you’re looking for alternatives, you should check out iTranslate Voice. The iOS and Android app allows you to instantly speak over 40 languages: Arabic (Saudi), Arabic (UAE), Arabic (Egypt), Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwan), Chinese (Cantonese), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (GB), English (Australian), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (USA), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.
iTranslate Voice has more than 250 predefined phrases, and the transcripts feature allows you to export or share your conversation within seconds. The two-month subscription (it comes with a seven-day free trial) costs $9.99, while the annual subscription is $39.99.
Tried iTranslate Voice or another translation app? Share your experience below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.