Like every mileage junkie I was checking my American Airlines AAdvantage account balance before going to bed last night when I couldn’t help but notice the pop-up (below) alerting me that American Airlines and US Airways are combining their frequent flyer programs in “second quarter 2015.” As the message states, “If you don’t have a Dividend Miles account don’t worry, you don’t have to do anything.” However, if you have accounts in both programs, you should request to combine your Dividend Miles account with your AAdvantage account.
The most important thing to remember is to make sure your birthday, email address and all other personal information in both accounts match exactly. If they do, like mine did, registering them will only take a second (and if they don’t, you could have some difficulty). So in quarter two, my Dividend Miles should post in my AAdvantage account. I’m extra stoked since that I’ll be getting an extra 50,000 miles thanks to the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®.
According to their message, American will email me when my Dividend Miles account has been combined with my AAdvantage account.
For now, nothing changes. Just keep earning miles in both programs—and for a limited time, check out my post here to see how you can earn 50,000 bonus miles for your soon-to-be-merged account.
Below was the confirmation page once I matched my accounts.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.