Today JetBlue announces it will add the airline’s premium service, Mint, to Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, San Diego and Seattle routes on their A321s. While seats can be reserved in the coming months, the flights will not start until the first quarter of 2017 and continue into 2018.
Now customers in these additional four markets will get the full Mint experience of lie-flat seats, enclosed private suites, 15-inch flat screen, unlimited cocktails, tapas-style menu by Saxon + Parole and free entertainment options on more JetBlue routes.
By adding Mint service to Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, San Diego and Seattle, the premium service will be seen on seven transcontinental routes between:
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and Los Angeles (LAX)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and San Francisco
- Las Vegas and New York (JFK)
- San Diego and New York (JFK)
- San Diego and Boston
- Seattle and New York (JFK)
- Seattle and Boston
JetBlue’s announcement of expanded Mint service seems to coincide with the airline industry’s most recent round of consolidation.
JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes said in a statement, “our plan has long called for strategic growth of Mint on these valuable transcontinental routes, and now is the right time for us to capture this opportunity to bring much needed competition where customers are facing dwindling choices.”
The JetBlue Mint experience was previously expanded between New York-Los Angeles and New York-San Francisco. It also recently launched from Boston, and is beginning to implement seasonal and year-round Mint service in the Caribbean, flying to Barbados, Aruba, St. Lucia and St. Maarten.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.