One of the most luxurious lounge networks is adding a new location. In early 2019, The Centurion Lounge network opens its 10th location at New York-John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport. This location will also be the largest Centurion Lounge to date.
Where is the JFK Centurion Lounge
The JFK lounge will be the second Centurion location in New York with the other lounge located at La Guardia (LGA).
At one of the busiest airports in the world, the new lounge will be located on the 4th-floor Departures level in Terminal 4 shortly after the security gate.
If you fly out of or connect through JFK, you most likely pass through Terminal 4 at some point because it handles 1/3 of the airport’s total passenger traffic and handles 21 million passengers every year! Over half of these passengers are international travelers flying on some of the largest international airlines:
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
In addition to relaxing at a posh lounge, you can also use transfer your Membership Rewards points to one of the Membership Rewards travel partners to get a free award flight as well!
JFK Centurion Lounge Amenities
Below is only a partial list of the total amenities available as more details will be released as the grand opening approaches.
This Centurion Lounge will feature:
- 15,000 square feet across two levels
- Spectacular airfield views
- Complimentary custom food and bar menu
- Premium restrooms and shower suites
- Noise-buffering workspaces with high-speed WI-FI
Additional amenities will be announced closer to the grand opening of The Centurion Lounge.
If you have ever visited a Centurion Lounge, you know how they raise the bar of expectations compared to the airline lounge networks. With another location in the portfolio, making the effort to visit a Centurion Lounge is well worth it.
How to Access the JFK Centurion Lounge
As part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection, Centurion Lounge membership is complementary to The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders along with two additional travel companions. Owner of the ultra-exclusive Centurion Card can access the Centurion Lounge along with their immediate family and two additional travel companions for free.
With both premium Amex credit cards, additional one-time passes cost $50 per guest.
Regardless of which airline you are flying, you will be able to enter a Centurion Lounge location. Including the JFK lounge, there will be 9 U.S. locations and one international lounge in Hong Kong. Although The Centurion Lounge is still small, it’s growing quickly. In fact, several new Centurion Lounges opened in 2017 and the Dallas-Ft.Worth location was expanded.
Besides gaining free access to the new JFK lounge, you will also enjoy the following air travel amenities:
- Complimentary access to all 10 Centurion Lounge locations plus the International American Express, Priority Pass, and Delta SkyClub lounge networks
- 5x Membership Reward on air travel purchases
- $200 annual air travel credit & $200 in Uber credits
- $100 Global Entry and TSA Precheck application fee reimbursement
- Unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi hotspot access
Summary on JFK Centurion Lounge
As you will be planning your 2019 travel itinerary soon, flying through JFK can be a lot more rewarding when the new Centurion Lounge opens. Until then, be sure to visit the other nine Centurion Lounge locations already open across the United States and Hong Kong.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.