This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One of the most luxurious lounge networks is adding a new location. In early 2019, The Centurion Lounge network opens its 10th location at New York-John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport. This location will also be the largest Centurion Lounge to date.
Where is the JFK Centurion Lounge
The JFK lounge will be the second Centurion location in New York with the other lounge located at La Guardia (LGA).
At one of the busiest airports in the world, the new lounge will be located on the 4th-floor Departures level in Terminal 4 shortly after the security gate.
If you fly out of or connect through JFK, you most likely pass through Terminal 4 at some point because it handles 1/3 of the airport’s total passenger traffic and handles 21 million passengers every year! Over half of these passengers are international travelers flying on some of the largest international airlines:
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
In addition to relaxing at a posh lounge, you can also use transfer your Membership Rewards points to one of the Membership Rewards travel partners to get a free award flight as well!
JFK Centurion Lounge Amenities
Below is only a partial list of the total amenities available as more details will be released as the grand opening approaches.
This Centurion Lounge will feature:
- 15,000 square feet across two levels
- Spectacular airfield views
- Complimentary custom food and bar menu
- Premium restrooms and shower suites
- Noise-buffering workspaces with high-speed WI-FI
Additional amenities will be announced closer to the grand opening of The Centurion Lounge.
If you have ever visited a Centurion Lounge, you know how they raise the bar of expectations compared to the airline lounge networks. With another location in the portfolio, making the effort to visit a Centurion Lounge is well worth it.
How to Access the JFK Centurion Lounge
As part of the American Express Global Lounge Collection, Centurion Lounge membership is complimentary to The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders along with two additional travel companions. The owner of the ultra-exclusive Centurion Card can access the Centurion Lounge along with their immediate family and two additional travel companions for free.
With both premium Amex credit cards, additional one-time passes cost $50 per guest.
Regardless of which airline you are flying, you will be able to enter a Centurion Lounge location. Including the JFK lounge, there will be 9 U.S. locations and one international lounge in Hong Kong. Although The Centurion Lounge is still small, it’s growing quickly. In fact, several new Centurion Lounges opened in 2017 and the Dallas-Ft.Worth location was expanded.
Summary on JFK Centurion Lounge
As you will be planning your 2019 travel itinerary soon, flying through JFK can be a lot more rewarding when the new Centurion Lounge opens. Until then, be sure to visit the other nine Centurion Lounge locations already open across the United States and Hong Kong.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.