I got into this business by sharing travel tips. It’s how I started out (I was working as a college recruiter, traveling across a 26-state region and learning tricks of the trade along the way). I started my newsletter to share my travel tips with friends and colleagues and before I knew it, JohnnyJet.com became my full-time job.
RELATED: 39 Travel Questions with Josh Gates
Many (many!) years later, sharing travel tips is still a huge part of what I do. I’m always trying to help people to travel smarter and even with all of my years of experience, I’m constantly learning new things and new tricks as I go. That’s why I’m always so curious to hear other peoples’ best travel tips, too. I recently launched my YouTube channel with lots of new content. I’m interviewing frequent travelers about their favorite travel destinations and experiences and I ask all of them for their best travel tip. The first interview I conducted was with Josh Gates, host of Discovery Channel’s Expedition Unknown and Destination: Truth. He shared his best travel tip with me in the video at the top so check it out!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.