LAN Airlines S.A. (which has been renamed LATAM Airlines Group S.A.) and TAM S.A. report that they have successfully combined their businesses and created the LATAM Airlines Group S.A. LATAM Airlines Group S.A. will offer passengers more flights to more destinations than any other affiliated group of airlines in South America, initially reaching about 150 destinations in 22 countries and transporting cargo to 169 destinations in 27 countries.
Starting June 27, 2012 the members of LANPASS and TAM Fidelidade frequent flyer programs may earn and redeem kilometers/points over the complete flight networks of LAN and TAM. In addition, members of the senior frequent flyer levels of both airlines (Comodoro / Black and Premium Silver / Red) may add to their existing benefits preferential access to services for themselves and a companion, including access to VIP lounges of both airlines, preferential check-in and boarding and priority baggage.
As for the corporate structure, Mauricio Rolim Amaro, currently Vice Chairman of TAM, will become Chairman of LATAM Airlines Group S.A. Maria Claudia Amaro will remain as chairwoman of the Board of TAM S.A. and will also become a member of the Board of Directors of LATAM Airlines Group S.A. Enrique Cueto, currently Executive Vice President-CEO of LAN Airlines S.A., will become Executive Vice President-CEO of LATAM Airlines Group S.A. Ignacio Cueto, currently President and Chief Operating Officer of LAN Airlines S.A., will become CEO of LAN Airlines. Finally, Marco Antonio Bologna will remain as CEO of TAM S.A. and TAM Linhas Aéreas S.A.
Enrique Cueto announced that each airline in the LATAM Airlines Group will maintain its present headquarters: LAN in Santiago and TAM in Sao Paulo. Cueto also announced that both LAN and TAM will continue to operate under their existing brands.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.