- You don’t have to pay airline baggage fees
- You don’t have to show up to the airport to check your bag
- You don’t have to wait around for what seems like an eternity for your bag to come out (if it even does)
- You don’t have to worry about your clothes disappearing and having to wear the same outfit for multiple days
- You can take public transportation more easily, and therefore save time and money
- You have more flexibility to change flights, like to take a bump or avoid a lengthy delay
One reason that travelers pack a lot is that most hotels and cruises charge a lot to do laundry. It’s also not that easy to find an outside party to do it for you, and no one wants to hang out at a (usually) seedy laundromat on vacation.
So what can you do? You can bring your own laundry soap, which can be used in the hotel sink or bathtub to clean your clothes. This Lewis N. Clark Woolite Travel Laundry Kit ($16.49) should help. It comes with a 16-pack of individual liquid soap packets and two sink-stoppers to stop the drainage of any tub or sink. This way, you can take enough clothes for just several days—even if you’re going away for several weeks.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.