I met an entrepreneur at one of the Travel & Adventure Shows I attended this year who told me that he had created the most comfortable and stylish travel shirt. He said, “See my shirt? I’ve worn it 17 times all around the world and I haven’t washed or ironed it and it still looks and smells like new.” I was intrigued since I usually wash my clothes after wearing them, but if I could get away with not washing one for 17 uses, I would of course be impressed.
The name of his company is called Libertad Apparel. He got the idea for his shirt on the hottest, slowest and most uncomfortable train in Myanmar (Burma) in June 2004. He believes most nice clothes don’t travel well and typical travel clothes aren’t very fashionable. His dress shirts are made up of 100% Merino fabric that extends the effective temperature range for multi-climate use. Libertad uses the latest textile technology to create a fabric that manages macroclimate transitions while controlling the microclimate next to the skin. I have no idea how they keep the shirts odor- and wrinkle-resistant, but they do, and that’s probably why the shirts aren’t cheap ($129 each). They come in four colors: Black, Italian Navy, Parisian Blue, and Wine Red. Sizes are S, M, L, XL, an XXL, and you can choose between two types of fit: Modern and Classic. Grab one here.
Something to keep in mind is that when you do wash/dry/iron a Libertad shirt, for best results they recommend, when washing:
- Wash on a cold/cold cycle
- Buttoned up and inside out
- Do not bleach
And when drying:
- Hang dry in the shade
- Do not tumble dry
And when ironing:
- Warm iron only. Do not exceed “Wool” setting on the iron. Try ironing inside out until the right temperature has been achieved. Wool will get scorched if the iron is too hot.
- Consider an intermediate cloth or iron inside out.
- You can also dry clean it, but tell the cleaners to do it on a normal cycle and not to use trichloroethylene.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.