LifeLine Response is an app that’s great for travelers worried about feeling unsafe anywhere in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. Once you sign up (it’s $4.99 a month but they offer a free 14-day trial), you can use the app to protect yourself using a couple of tools. First, you can put your thumb on the screen; once it’s removed (and you don’t punch in the security code), an ear-piercing sound is emitted and the authorities are called. If you need hands-free protection (if you’re jogging or going on a blind date, maybe), you can set the app to “Timer Mode” and check in when you’re safely home.
They have some other cool features, too. One makes sure that if your attacker notices the app and forces you to disarm it, there’s a secret alarm code that can get you help covertly. If your phone is broken during an attack, the LifeLine system will send out the alert the moment your connection is dropped.
Here’s a quick video detailing how it works:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.