LifeLine Response is an app that’s great for travelers worried about feeling unsafe anywhere in the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. Once you sign up (it’s $4.99 a month but they offer a free 14-day trial), you can use the app to protect yourself using a couple of tools. First, you can put your thumb on the screen; once it’s removed (and you don’t punch in the security code), an ear-piercing sound is emitted and the authorities are called. If you need hands-free protection (if you’re jogging or going on a blind date, maybe), you can set the app to “Timer Mode” and check in when you’re safely home.
They have some other cool features, too. One makes sure that if your attacker notices the app and forces you to disarm it, there’s a secret alarm code that can get you help covertly. If your phone is broken during an attack, the LifeLine system will send out the alert the moment your connection is dropped.
Here’s a quick video detailing how it works:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.