Speaking of Chinese New Year, almost everyone in the city goes to a Chinese restaurant to get Lo hei or Yu sheng for lunch. It’s a uniquely Singaporean dish which has shredded carrots, salmon, jellyfish, ginger and some other ingredients I didn’t catch. But everyone around the table stands up and tosses it together as high as they can using chop sticks. It’s a lot of fun. I had the dish twice the first time was at the Laguna Country Club near the airport at a restaurant called Pine Valley and the other was at Long Beach Restaurant which is famous for its chili crab. While there we also tried the black pepper crab and razor clams. For dessert we had Durian pudding — tastes so much better than it smells.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.