Tuesdays are typically the slowest day of the week but yesterday’s TSA security checkpoint numbers, just released a couple of hours ago, were surprisingly low. At just 1,059,741 people crossing through, it came shockingly close to dipping below a million for the first time since March 10, 2021, when the number was 974,221.
RELATED READING: How to Make Sure the TSA PreCheck Checkmark is on Your Boarding Pass
To give you a little comparison, a week ago on same day: 1,301,462 and on the same day in 2019 (pre-pandemic): 1,571,077. What’s interesting is that I was supposed to fly to NYC tomorrow for a conference but I canceled so it looks like I wasn’t alone.
The good news is it’s still double the number of what it was a year ago on the same day: 468,933.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.