Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Joseph G., who suggests that cruisers bring magnetic hooks for hanging help:
“We just returned from a cruise to Bermuda. (Destination picked by my five-year-old granddaughter Annie who told us that Bermuda is simply marvelous. Her best friend Phoebe told her so.)
“If you need more places to hang things consider magnetic hooks (see photos above and below). The walls in our stateroom were plastic-coated so heavy items made the hooks slide downward but you could use larger magnets or even attach them to the ceiling. Just put a single ply of tissue between the magnet and the ceiling to prevent scratching the surface.”
There are tons of magnetic hooks on Amazon, seen here. Thanks, Joseph!
More clothes hanging help
Magnetic hooks are a great idea, as long as something in the room is magnetic. For more help, see:
- Travel Product of the Week: Inflatable Hangers
- The Clothesline Every Traveler Needs
- Bring Your Own Clothesline
- Tie Down Your Air-Drying Clothes
- Don’t Hang Clothes on a Hotel Room Sprinkler
- Bring Fast-Drying Clothes If You Plan to Do Laundry
- This Hotel Tip Started a Massive Twitter Thread Full of Travel Tips
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,581!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.