Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Joseph G., who suggests that cruisers bring magnetic hooks for hanging help:
“We just returned from a cruise to Bermuda. (Destination picked by my five-year-old granddaughter Annie who told us that Bermuda is simply marvelous. Her best friend Phoebe told her so.)
“If you need more places to hang things consider magnetic hooks (see photos above and below). The walls in our stateroom were plastic-coated so heavy items made the hooks slide downward but you could use larger magnets or even attach them to the ceiling. Just put a single ply of tissue between the magnet and the ceiling to prevent scratching the surface.”
There are tons of magnetic hooks on Amazon, seen here. Thanks, Joseph!
More clothes hanging help
Magnetic hooks are a great idea, as long as something in the room is magnetic. For more help, see:
- Travel Product of the Week: Inflatable Hangers
- The Clothesline Every Traveler Needs
- Bring Your Own Clothesline
- Tie Down Your Air-Drying Clothes
- Don’t Hang Clothes on a Hotel Room Sprinkler
- Bring Fast-Drying Clothes If You Plan to Do Laundry
- This Hotel Tip Started a Massive Twitter Thread Full of Travel Tips
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.