This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
There is a Marriott Bonvoy credit card that doesn’t charge an annual fee or foreign transaction fee. Meet the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card issued by Chase. This hotel credit card earns up to 14x Bonvoy points! This can be a good option if you don’t want to pay an annual fee to earn Bonvoy points or prevent your points from expiring. Here’s what else you can expect.
Like the other Chase-issued Marriott credit cards, it’s safe to assume this new card falls under the unspoken “5/24 rule.” If you have opened or been listed as an authorized user on 5 or more credit cards in the last 24 months, Chase may automatically decline your application for this card.
For a limited time, new Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card cardholders can earn 60,000 Bonus Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This bonus isn’t available to current or recent personal or business Marriott Bonvoy credit card members. The restriction applies to the Chase and American Express-issued Marriott or Starwood Preferred Guest branded cards.
Standard award nights start at 7,500 points for a category 1 property. Plus, off-peak award nights start at 5,000 points.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card Benefits
This card packs a few other benefits. Although there aren’t many as it doesn’t have an annual fee. Here is what you can expect to enjoy:
- Earn up to 14x Bonvoy points per $1 per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Card
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains)
- Get 1x point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status (15 free elite night credits)
- Trip delay reimbursement (up to $500 per ticket)
- Purchase protection (up to $500 per claim)
There are also no foreign transaction fees and no annual fees to worry about.
Silver Elite benefits include free in-room WiFi and earning a 10% bonus on stays. As you start with 15 elite night credits each, you only need to stay 20 more nights to upgrade to Gold Elite loyalty status.
Your Bonvoy points will never expire as long as you make a purchase at least once every 24 months.
There currently isn’t an option to get a free hotel night certificate with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card. You will need to get one of the other Marriott credit cards that charge an annual fee to get at least one free night each year.
Redeeming Marriott Bonvoy Points
Your points will be most valuable when redeemed for hotel nights at Marriott Bonvoy properties. There are 8 different property categories. Category 1 hotel nights require 7,500 points per night and category 8 properties cost 85,000 points.
Another redemption option is transferring your points to domestic and international airlines. The conversion ratio is 3 Bonvoy points per 1 frequent flyer mile. When transferring 60,000 points to any airline, Marriott gives you a 15,000-point transfer bonus.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card doesn’t charge an annual fee or foreign transaction fee. You can earn 14x points per $1 spent on eligible purchases and get automatic Silver Elite status. If you qualify for the bonus offer, that’s a few extra nights you can enjoy.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.