This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Update: The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card has replaced the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card. You can read more about the cards here.
Marriott International and Chase have partnered to offer the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card. The card opens the door for more travel experiences. Plus, the current signup bonus allows you the opportunity to earn 75,000 Bonus Points! If you’re a traveler, loyal to Marriott hotels, and/or like earning more Marriott points, read on to learn more.
Benefits of the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card
This card offers the ability to earn even more rewards and benefits. You currently have the ability to earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. The number of Marriott Rewards points needed for a standard reward free night starts at 7,500 points. That’s 10 free nights in a Category 1 hotel with the signup bonus alone!
The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card offers the ability to earn 6X points for every $1 spent at over 6,700 participating Marriott Rewards and SPG hotels and 2X points per $1 spent everywhere else. Plus, you’ll earn 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) annually after your account anniversary.
You’re also guaranteed Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, as long as you have your account open and active. You’ll also put yourself on the path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year. There is no limit to how many Marriott Rewards points you can earn, giving you the opportunity to accrue Free Night Stays.
Additionally, Chase-Marriott card holders will earn 15 Elite Night Credits, helping members achieve the next Elite status level. This grants cardholders the ability to use priority late checkout (subject to availability) and a 10% bonus on base points earned during stays. Furthermore, cardmembers will have the ability to attend exclusive events such as the Kentucky Derby or a foodie escape to the Bahamas.
Marriott has over 6,700 hotel properties and nearly 30 brands to choose from, located all over the world. These include Sheraton, Westin, and W Hotels worldwide. This card does have a $95 annual fee and zero foreign transaction fees. Compared to all of the benefits, the $95 is a relatively low price to pay, especially considering that one free night award will likely make up for the cost.
Additional Benefits of the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus
In addition to all of the points and free night award opportunities, cardholders will be have free in-room premium internet access while staying at participating Marriott Rewards and SPG hotels. They will also have extended benefits, including:
- Zero foreign transaction fees
- Global acceptance
- Trip delay reimbursement (up to $500 per ticket)
- Embedded chip
- Lost luggage reimbursement (up to $3,000 per passenger when you use your card)
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Travel and emergency assistance services
In order to use these benefits, you must use your card. Restrictions do apply.
More Value With The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card
In addition to the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card, Marriott has also merged its rewards programs – Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). Because of this, the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card is a credit card that’s worth considering as you’ll have more options to choose from. With over 6,700 hotels in over 130 countries and territories to consider, where would you like to go?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.